Thursday, June 27, 2019

Favorite Adult Beverages (AKA: Drinkies!!)




As I’ve gotten older, my tolerance for alcohol has gotten less. But when I do indulge, I enjoy the heck out of it. And I don’t have a drink on a regular basis. I can get a case of beer and it may last me a couple months. I’ve got bottles of vodka in the fridge that have been around for several months. One drink is a sitting is about it. But here is my list of faves in no particular order:

Miller Genuine Draft in bottles
Gotta be bottles! No cans! Icy cold! If it’s not cold enough, a freezer glass or regular glass with ice cubes is required.

Jack Daniel’s and Mountain Dew (Jackadoo)
Absolute YUM! After many years I decided that of all the whiskies, Jack Daniel’s is the only one for me. And no rum. I have decided I do not like rum. Unless it’s a fruitcake drenched in rum.

Seagram’s Escapes wine coolers
To me, this comes under the listing of “toy drinks” as there isn’t much alcohol in them. But they are very tasty.

Whipped Cream vodka/Chocolate vodka/Peppermint vodka
Any of these on ice, mixed with cream, poured over broken up Otter Pops, whatever. And any combo of the vodkas or alone.

Hiram Walker Butternips
This is a dessert, in my mind. VERY easy to overdo with this one. I haven’t tried it yet mixed with cream, but I’ll bet it would be THE BOMB!

BONUS: For our anniversary (43 years!) we went to Red Lobster and I had a chocolate martini. It was To..Die..For.. Seriously. OMG. And it was enormous! I have no idea what it cost. They don’t list prices in the drinks menu, and Marv got mixed up asking for a receipt in his email when he paid on that little machine that they have at the tables. Whatever it was, IT WAS WORTH IT! I found the recipe online. Here it is. You’re welcome.

*Red Lobster Chocolate Martini
½ oz. Kahlua
½ oz. Baileys
1 ¼ oz. Vanilla Vodka
1 oz. Milk
Criss-cross over top of glass with chocolate syrup

*note: DRINK SLOWLY. This is so powerful, I was half looped before the salad got there. Good thing there were cheddar biscuits first. If I were to have this as a before dinner drink and drank it all before eating anything, I would have been on the floor. But I would have been very happy…


No comments:

Post a Comment