Friday, May 31, 2019

20 Questions Minus 8


A local monthly magazine features a local teacher in the community and asks the person 20 questions. It’s usually a fairly young person who is successful in the community. I decided to take the questions for myself. Since I’m a good 30 years older than the average one spotlighted and I’m not a teacher, I had to amend some of the questions to fit me.

If I hadn’t been a stay-at-home-mom, I would’ve been:
Probably working in an office and hating every minute of it. That’s what I did before I had kids. Hated it. Which leads to the next question:
Where did you get the inspiration for this:
It was my best friend Debbie’s mom, Lucille. She was a SAHM and I thought she led the perfect life. Her home was spotless. She was always dressed nicely. She did her ironing watching soap operas. That is exactly what I wanted. Of course the reality for me was a bit different….

When I realized I had “made it”:
We ALL got through the teenage years!!

Top 3 songs on your playlist:
I don’t have a playlist. I don’t have a thing to play songs on., other than a CD. So I will list my top 3 artists:
Rend Collective
Puddles Pity Party
Maroon 5

Single biggest indulgence:
Books, “cat stuff” and craft supplies

Ocean or river? Beach or campsite? Why?
River and campsite. Preferably amongst the pine trees. Love that kind of setting. And if I can’t have a cabin in the woods, a campsite with HOT SHOWERS would be awesome!

What my life will look like in 5 years:
I hope we are settled wherever Sarah and her family are, and can spend some serious time with Lia.

What’s the last book you read that inspired you:
“Fervent” by Priscilla Shirer. The subtitle of her book is “A Woman's Battle Plan to Serious, Specific and Strategic Prayer.” I can’t recommend this book enough. And the movie she was in, “War Room” is also about specific prayer. Awesome movie.

The last thing I binge-watched:
I don’t really do that. I might watch several episodes of Monty Python in one sitting, but that’s about it.

One thing I’m exceptionally good at:
Listening. Need a sympathetic, absorbent shoulder or soundboard? I’m here.

One thing I’m especially bad at:
Patience! Waiting on the Lord is tough. I want results NOW!

I have zero tolerance for:
Incivility/mean spiritedness

Those are the questions that applied to me. There were some others that I’ve already dealt with on my blogs, such as favorite teacher and bucket list. Looking back, I know as a mom I made a lot of mistakes. But again, we made it through the teenage years! I take pride in that. And I think I am an AWESOME grandma!


No comments:

Post a Comment