Friday, April 12, 2019

5 Things in My Freezer



Other than ice cubes, there are usually at least 5 basic things in my freezer.

Ice cream. There are usually at least 2 cartons of ice cream. Vanilla bean is the standby because it’s so versatile. It goes with any other kind of dessert, be it pie, cake or whatever. I like to make milk floats with caramel sauce. The second flavor of ice cream varies. Whatever catches my fancy.

Frozen veggies. Marv and a very good boy and enjoys his veggies, especially broccoli, green beans and peas. I’m not as good. I like peas but prefer corn. I like other veggies, but prefer them raw. Although I love carrots cooked with a chicken or roast.

Meat. I get most of our meat from Costco. Good quality and price. I get hamburger in pound chubs. I get pork chops in a tray of 10. I try to get 2 small roasts packaged together. At home I repack the chops in smaller portions. I also freeze the roasts separately.

Boxes of Russel Stover candy. Around the beginning of the holidays some of the stores will have a sale of Russel Stover candy – 2 boxes for $10, which is about half price. I get a box of just about every variety and stick them in the freezer. They will almost always last me until the next year when they go on sale again.

Occasional “quick dinner” stuff. When in a pinch, I can throw a meal together fairly quickly with the help of the freezer in cooperation with the microwave. The actual ingredients vary, but consist of: meat pies, fish sticks, chicken tenders, hot pockets, etc.

So, what’s in YOUR freezer?


No comments:

Post a Comment