Thursday, October 11, 2018

Random/Ramblings – Peeps Edition #5






This week’s blog was prompted by the ever compelling and quintessential Wayne “Big Brain” Anderson.

For this one, I was to close my eyes for 10 seconds and then talk about the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes. I sat in the computer chair in the middle of the room, closed my eyes and spun around. When I stopped and opened my eyes, I saw the painted secretary I inherited from my Aunt Bernice.

She was an artist and she’s the one who painted the front lid. The same flowers were painted on either side as well. When I got this after Aunt Bernice died, I had it in my bedroom in my parent’s house. The lid dropped down as my desk. I kept clothes in the drawers. Books were on the shelves. One evening I was in bed reading and saw a mouse skitter across the floor and go under the secretary. I yelled for someone to get my cat Sidney. My brother brought Sid in my room, put him down in front of the secretary, and Sid squeezed halfway under and backed out with the mouse in his mouth. Good Kitty!!

When Marv and I got married, the secretary was in our bedroom. We didn’t really use the desk part anymore, and most of the shelves had cat figurines in them. When we moved to Oroville, the secretary ended up in the family room where it is now. Inside the desk part is where we keep the bills and bank statements. One drawer has a lot of my decorative craft paper. One drawer is filled with music CDs. One drawer has miscellaneous envelopes, office stuff, etc.

If/when we move, Sarah said she’d like the secretary. I’m glad that it will stay in the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment