Friday, February 17, 2017

Circling the Porcelain Vortex





And I’m sure you get where I’m coming from. The last couple of weeks have been “interesting” to say the least. Lots of emotional upheaval, although that has calmed down somewhat. Lots of physical challenges. To put it mildly…I’m gettin’ old! Had about a week of needing my cane even in the house. That does NOT happen often.

And then there was the business with Oroville Dam and the damaged spillway…but that seems to have turned out OK. Marv did get stuck in Chico one night and had to sleep in the lab, but we personally weren’t affected much.

I was trolling around the net looking for fodder to write about and found a great little blog by a woman who has 5 kids, a hubby, a farm and a bunch of animals. She had a series of prompts for sparking the muse. As I looked over her lists, I was again reminded of my age. The vast majority of her prompts just plain didn’t apply to me anymore. I’m not in my 30s or 40s and I don’t have any kids at home anymore. I don’t deal with school issues, homework, etc. It was a bit sad. But she did have some good ideas to run with. So that’s what I’ll do…

What is a must in a hotel room?
We rarely travel and have need of a hotel/motel, but the last few times we did, we stayed in a very nice one in Clovis, CA. Most have a small fridge and a coffee maker, and I love that. I can remember way back when that was not the case. A lot of places also have a breakfast room with a pretty darn good breakfast in the mornings and have fruit you can take back to your room along with more coffee makings.

What is the funniest thing you saw on Facebook this week?
There are SO many funny memes and jokes and videos. I love them all, especially the cute animals. But this past week I saw something bizarre. It was an article about women dying their armpit hair. No thanks.

What’s your favorite childhood snack that you still eat as an adult?
There’s a lot of them, but about the only one I really feel somewhat guilty about is Cap’n Crunch. I STILL LOVE IT! Totally worthless as a food, but sometimes you just need a bowl of this sweet, sweet, yumminess!

And that’s it for this week. I feel better after having vented a bit. I really did like the title of this week’s blog, though. I think it would have made an awesome label for my blog, but being a cat person, I’ll stick with what I originally came up with.

Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment