Thursday, December 15, 2016

Christmas From A to Z – part 3




N – Nativity
Again, there isn’t much to add to this. The only reason for Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Christ.

O – O Holy Night
Just about the best Christmas song of all time. Hearing a really good tenor or soprano singing this will bless your socks off!

P – Pickle
Wonderful little German tradition. Strangely though, I never heard of it until I was an adult, even though I grew up in a German family. I made sure this was a part of Christmas for my kids. Sarah now has her own pickle to put on her tree.

Q – Quilt
I’ll admit I had a little struggle to come up with a “Q” thing for Christmas. So here’s a Christmas quilt!

R – Rudolph
Santa would have been in deep “stuff” without the help of good ol’ Rudolph. And yes, I can name ALL the reindeer!


S – Stockings
We never did much with stockings when I was young. I made sure to remedy that when I had my own home.


T – Tree

There is no greater smell than pine! There is no greater task so hated than vacuuming up all the needles after Christmas!! And since we have always tried to leave the tree up until Epiphany, there was that fear of the tree going up in flames. So yes, we got a fake tree. ASK ME IF I CARE!!! (BTW, you do NOT want to ask!)


No comments:

Post a Comment