Thursday, December 1, 2016

Christmas from A to Z – part 1




This is one of those things on Facebook that go from one person to another. I decided to do all of them and break it into a 4 part series. This would be something fun to do at a party.
 



A – ANGEL
I love Christmas angels. I do not care that the only angels mentioned in the bible have male names. I have no problem with angels that look feminine. Over the years I have collected a number of angels that can go on the top of the tree. I even have a cat angel. 



B – BOXES
I LOVE wrapping presents, and boxes are the best shape to wrap. It seems most people use gift bags anymore, and for odd shapes, that works well. But if I can find a box to put an odd shaped gift in, that’s what I do.






C – CANDLES
There is nothing more festive that candles at Christmas. When I was young, we would go driving around in the fancy neighborhoods to see what kind of lights people had put up. There was one huge house that had a candle in EVERY window. And there were a LOT of windows! I thought that looked so cool. You can’t do that if you have cats, thought. That’s just asking for trouble…







D – DECORATIONS
You CANNOT go overboard with decorations at Christmas! More is more! Most is BEST! Again, with cats you have to be careful. But I have so much in the way of Christmas stuff I can still find a home for a lot of it.




E – EGGNOG
I will admit it right now. I don’t care for eggnog. When I was little, my brother and I would get to have eggnog cut in half with milk, because it was so rich. I’d drink it, but never got excited about it. Later as an adult, I tried it with rum or whiskey in it. Still don’t care for it. Just give me the whiskey in lemon/lime on the rocks…



F – FRUITCAKE
I LOVE a good fruitcake. Emphasis on GOOD. Heavy, rich, moist, full of candied fruit and SOAKED in booze. I can make a meal of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment