Thursday, December 8, 2016

Christmas From A to Z – part 2






G – Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh
The gifts brought to the Christ Child. Gold, representing His Kingship. Frankincense, a symbol for His role as High Priest. Myrrh, for embalming, acknowledging His future sacrifice.


H – Holly
Lovely decoration. The prickly leaves represent Christ’s crown of thorns, the red berries are His blood. From a very early age I have known that Christmas is just the prelude to Easter.





 I – Icicles
I am SO GLAD that we don’t live in an area where we have to be careful walking out the front door and worrying about icicles breaking off the eaves and skewering us!! They are very pretty to view, though…I just prefer the electric kind.


J – Jesus
I really don’t have to say anything further, do I?  

Didn’t think so.






K – Kris Kringle
Why is there a picture of a doggy? And why a cocker spaniel? That doesn’t start with K!! The only reason I included this name was so I could tell a story. When I was about 6, we got a cocker spaniel. He was one of two pups that were born on Christmas Day. One was named Kris, the other was named Kringle. We got Kringle. He was a good doggy. 




L – Linus’ declaration

I am still thrilled every time I hear this. And I’m so glad that it’s still allowed to be said on TV.










M – Mistletoe
I usually have 2 or 3 mistletoe arrangements hanging up at Christmas. One year I made several balls from cut up Christmas cards with artificial mistletoe hanging below for ornaments to hang in doorways.


No comments:

Post a Comment