Thursday, July 7, 2016

Why Is My Purse So Heavy???




Purses never became an indispensable part of my wardrobe until I got my driver’s license and needed ID as a regular thing. In junior high, I had a purse to carry an extra pencil and my lunch money, and that was about it. Maybe a piece of gum. After I got home from school, the purse was put aside until the next school day. And it was a tiny purse. I had some really cute little purses. Once I got that license, though, I had to get a purse large enough for a wallet with my ID. I also had to fill up the car sometimes. I was fortunate that there was always a car at my disposal, and my parents gave me the money for gas, but that was another thing to always have in my purse. And of course…keys.

It didn’t take long before “stuff” started filling up my purse.
What if I sneezed and had to blow my nose? Tissues!
What if I started coughing? Hard candy or throat drops!
What if I needed to write something down? Paper and pen!

As time went on, I added another pen (in case the first one gave out), more candy or gum, a little address book, something for dry lips (I never really used lipstick), aspirin, antacids, coupons, hair brush, hand lotion, sunglasses, fan.

I now have all of the above, plus a separate wallet for credit cards, insurance cards, etc. The regular one has my ID and cash. My key chain alone weighs a lot, since along with the keys, I have a knife that can cut through a seat belt in case I’m trapped. I have my handicap parking placard. I have hand sanitizer. And Lord help me, I now have a cell phone to keep track of. SMH…

And you know what happens if I leave ANY of these things out, or they are used up and not replaced??? Marv will decide he needs one or more of these items NOW and OMG the world is coming to an end because I can’t supply them/it.

I think all men should have to carry purses, just like we do. Then we would only have to carry what we ourselves need. Granted, that still means a lot of stuff, but it would take some of the pressure off….


No comments:

Post a Comment