Friday, July 29, 2016

Scattered Thoughts





I am all over the map today! Usually, I will write my blog and post it late Thursday night. Then on Friday I will post the link on Facebook for my many, many readers. (HA!)
Today’s blog is fresh!! Could not think of anything to write last night to save my life. So random stuff it is!!

I am really looking forward to the Summer Olympics next month. I usually enjoy the Olympics, both summer and winter. This year, I find myself more anticipatory than usual. Don’t know why.

I miss the old department stores Grant’s and Woolworth’s. Grant’s was where we always did our before-school clothes shopping at the end of summer. And I always got my winter flannel pajamas there. That and Woolworth’s was like a playground to me when I was young. I loved looking through the toy section while mom shopped. When Marv and I moved to Oroville, there was a Woolworth’s here and the manager was a man who went to our church. I had so much fun shopping there for Dollar Days!

I was so stoked when McDonald’s announced they were going to make their breakfast menu available all day. I LOVE the Sausage McMuffin with Egg!! And there have been times that Marv and I have gone there for lunch and I’ve gotten that.

I mentioned on Facebook that my new glasses cost around $1000. I still think that is way too high, but with my steep prescription I am glad they are available. And they are so light! My glasses have always been heavier than most, because the lenses are so thick. Even going to the plastic lenses, they were weighty. These new ones, however, are not. I don’t have the big marks on my nose with these.

And now for the main reason I didn’t do a blog last night: Fishdom!! The various versions of this game is a real joy to me. Each time a new version came out, I would buy it. Twice now, the computer has crashed and I have lost the games. The first time it happened, I was able to contact the company (Playrix) and get the links to reinstall the games. This last time, I was getting no response from them. Months went by. I despaired of ever getting them back. Finally a response came through with new links. I contacted my tech expert Paul (my son) and we did FaceTime while he helped me through the reinstall and counseled me on how to keep the links filed so if the computer gets naughty again, at least Carbonite will have the backup. So I had a very nice chat with my son and got my games back to boot! The rest of the evening was playtime!! Don’t judge me!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment