Thursday, June 9, 2016

Gimme That Lemon!





Everyone knows about the lemon that Life hands you and you make lemonade. In my case it would more likely be a margarita, or even more likely, I would chuck that lemon right back in Life’s face and go for the Jack Daniels…

The other day I was handed such a lemon and after the usual b*tching about it, I decided it was time for a margarita. We got a notice well in advance that PG&E was going to be shutting off the power in the neighborhood on one of the hottest days so far. From 9:30am to 1:30pm. No power—no A/C. It can get pretty darn hot in the house during those 4 hours. I have a couple of gal pals that I could’ve imposed on for sanctuary for that time period…except…neither one was available.

So I decided to take a trip to Chico all by myself. Spend some quality time in stores with good A/C. Have a little lunch. Shop a bit. Usually, Chico trips mean company from either or both of my amigos. I put in my Best of Kansas CD and took off.

First stop was Cost Plus World Market. They have such cool stuff and I want it all. Most of it isn’t in my price range, though. I did get a little something for Lia, AND I scored a salt & pepper shaker set…Maneki Neko!!! I did NOT have a Maneki Neko S&P set!!!

Next door is Bed Bath & Beyond, so of course I had to go in there. Didn’t have anything in mind, but I love looking at it all and smelling all the candles. I did manage to find a flavored coffee for Keurig that I hadn’t seen before, so I got that.

Just across the parking lot is Michaels. I always have to go through there. Didn’t see anything I couldn’t live without until I went through the discount section by the checkout. Got a couple of really neat oversized keys for an altered book idea.

Last stop was right next door. Barnes & Noble/Starbucks. I knew before I left the house I was going to treat myself to a coffee, but by the time I got in there, it was lunch time and I was getting hungry. So I SPLURGED on an asiago cheese pretzel and a java chip Frappuccino. Lovely! After my leisurely lunch I wandered through the books to see if something jumped out at me. Sadly, all the books stayed in their shelves, so I went home.

As I drove in, my neighbor hailed me and said they had just turned the power back on 5 minutes previous. Perfect timing! I went in, turned the A/C on and settled in for a rest. Great day! Thanks for that lemon, Life! It was delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment