Thursday, April 28, 2016

Mayday! Mayday! Part 1




It’s been some time since I’ve done a month of weird/interesting things to note or celebrate. The last time I did it, I posted a pic a day on Facebook. That’s a bit more dedication than I want to commit to right now, so I will do a week at a time here on my blog. That way, you will be informed ahead of time and can get your party stuff ready…
 

 
May 1 – Mother Goose Day. I actually have a VERY old copy of this book. I loved the illustrations when I was a child and memorized most of the verses.


May 2 – Fire Day. Since we’re heading into fire season around these parts, I thought it would be wise to choose a pic of a nice friendly camp fire. Roast a few marshmallows, but be sure that fire is OUT before you leave…


May 3 – Lumpy Rug Day. I couldn’t find ANYTHING regarding this one. Hence the pic with the cat. Just be sure you check before trying to flatten that rug. There might be a cat in there…


May 4 – Candied Orange Peel Day. I LOVE marmalade and the little bits of peel in it. Just like Paddington.


May 5 – Hoagie Day. What’s not to like? Yum! Except: no onions, mayo, tomato, avocado. Just meat, cheese, lettuce, pickle, a tad of mustard and some butter. And chips on the side.


May 6 – Beverage Day. Choose your favorite! Keep hydrated! And don’t drive.


May 7 – International Tuba Day. OK. Listen to a few Souza marches. Maybe watch The Music Man again. Great movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment