Thursday, September 10, 2015

Things You Should Never Do Again After Age 50



I read this article from AARP online the other day. It was mostly a tongue-in-cheek thing, as most of the activities listed were in the “Duh” category. Here are my favorites:

Parkour – This came out of military training. Get from point A to point B in the fastest, most efficient way possible. It seems to have become a part of extreme sports in some cases. Even when I was young, I was never agile or balanced enough to do any of this. I could barely roller skate on 4 wheels. The thought of try parkour NOW is sheer folly. I could walk in front of a bus and get the same results. In fact, just navigating the living room at night on my way to the bathroom is about as close to parkour as I will ever get!


Jello shots – I was a little ticked at this one. I have never had a jello shot, but I’m sure it would be OK to try it…right? One or two…? In fact, if you add Metamucil to the jello, it would even be in the “healthy” category. I’m sure I would be OK.



Karaoke after jello shots – Again, for me, what’s the harm? I already stink at singing, so I’d think the alcohol would improve things. And if everyone else was doing the shots, they might even ENJOY my singing! And I know ALL the words to The Lumberjack Song!




Crowd surfing – Now, this one makes sense. Especially if everyone else is around the same age. Can you imagine trying to crowd surf amongst a bunch of folks with bad backs, bad knees, etc. “Here she comes! Get ready! ….oops.”




Collecting owls made of shells/ceramic frogs/etc. – This one offends me. Seriously. Yes, I collect cat stuff. Yes, I have a LOT of cat stuff. But NO ONE is gonna tell ME what is and isn’t acceptable. I have become a lot more discerning with my choices, but I am ALWAYS on the lookout for something new and/or different. So there! BTW, I don’t have a cat nativity set like the picture here, but I sure would like one!


And BTW...sorry for the time lapse since the last blog. Computer trouble. WHAT DID I DO BEFORE I HAD A COMPUTER????


No comments:

Post a Comment