Friday, September 18, 2015

September 2015 Book Report



Wayward Pines trilogy by Blake Crouch

I was highly intrigued by the mini-series Wayward Pines, which ran earlier this year. A man wakes up after a car accident to find he is stranded in a spooky little town called Wayward Pines. No one is as they seem, and there are cameras everywhere, recording what everyone does and says. If someone gets out of line, severe repercussions take place. I just loved it!

I found out it was based on books by Blake Crouch, and got all 3 in the series with the intention of reading them after the TV series ended. (I hated the TV ending, BTW)

I am SO GLAD I saw the TV show first! If I had read the books and then watched the show, I would NOT have enjoyed it as much. I'm still glad I saw the show, as it gave me more of a “feel” for the place, and it was easier to “see” the people in the book, even though some of the characters looked different.

THE BOOKS WERE AWESOME!!!!! If you saw the TV show and enjoyed it, READ THE BOOKS!!! I would LOVE to see a real adaptation of these books. It would take at least 3 movies to do the job right, maybe more.

The books had a more realistic scenario, I thought, and even though it didn't really have a hard and fast conclusion to the series, I was satisfied. I wish Blake Crouch would continue the story. I really would like to know what happened to all these people after the final book's ending.

The books are:
Pines (2012)
Wayward (2013)
The Last Town (2014)

Even if you did read the books first, if you have a chance to watch the TV show, go ahead. You will make comparisons, yes, and the TV version will suffer, but I think you'll still enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment