Thursday, September 4, 2014

Mysteries & Music – P.D. James



I had never read any P.D. James books before seeing this series. They all involved the Scotland Yard inspector Adam Dalgliesh. This series was set in modern times, but I still enjoyed the stories. After I started reading the books, I discovered I liked the books better.

Roy Marsden was a good fit as Insp. Dalgliesh, and it did help my mental picture when reading the books, but something just didn’t grab me with the TV series. I still watched all the episodes that were shown in the US. I read most of the books and enjoyed them, but not enough to keep in my library.


What I probably enjoyed most of all about the TV series was the theme music by Richard Harvey. Very lovely and haunting. Give it a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP2BZQayIWk



No comments:

Post a Comment