Friday, October 25, 2013

Pieces of My Mind



The last two days were lost in a sinkhole of pain, and I really don’t have much of a blog this week. I haven’t had an ongoing migraine in many years and this one caught me by surprise. It’s over now, and about all I can do is just ramble a bit. You can pass this one by if you want…I promise a better one next week. So bring on the ramblings!

The last time I was in Fresno, Lia had a very loose tooth that was being stubborn about leaving her mouth. One night, she agreed to let Sarah tie a piece of floss around it and yank it out. Lia sat on the edge of the sink in the bathroom while I held her and Sarah yanked. The tooth didn’t come out. Sarah thought maybe she hadn’t pulled it the right way or whatnot and after we calmed Lia down, I gave it a shot. I wrapped that floss around my pointer finger on my right had and I REALLY pulled! That sucker did NOT COME OUT! Lia was REALLY upset now and I was bleeding from a very deep half inch slice in my finger from the floss! I immediately grabbed a tissue so Lia wouldn’t see the blood. Not surprisingly, Lia wouldn’t let us come near her mouth after that. It wasn’t until a week or so later that Lia pulled the thing out by herself.

Next Thursday is Halloween, and this is the first year that the purchased candy has remained in the grocery bag, unopened. I usually get the bag home, open it and put it in the big “handout” bowl and set it in the living room. And we usually have to buy another bag by the time Halloween rolls around…
Not this time! We have remained strong and resolute!

I have always preferred the orange café flavored instant coffee put out by Maxwell House. I have that every morning. My only complaint is that it isn’t available in decaf form. I usually only have one cup of caffeine coffee in the morning and decaf the rest of the day. I’ve tried all the other flavors, and just prefer normal instant decaf and use flavored creamer. And so far, they don’t make orange flavored creamer. I finally had the bright idea of getting orange extract and putting a couple of drops of that in my coffee. AWESOME!

OK. I’m tired. It’s been a crappy couple of days and I always write these things Thursday night, so I think I’m done now and am going to bed…sorry if this is drek. Ta for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment