Thursday, October 17, 2013

Book Report October 2013



This blog is all about 3 e-books I got for free on my Nook.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Blood Seduction by Pamela Palmer

This is the first book in a series about vampires in an alternate Washington, D.C. The city is parallel to the real one, with goings and comings freely between the two. Until the Magic wears out, that is. Quinn is a scientist with something “special” about her, and when she accidentally falls over the border into Vamp City, things really start going wrong. I was hooked within the first few pages of this book and look forward to the sequels.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~           
Evan Burl and the Falling by Justin Blaney

This was a very interesting book, in that it hasn’t been published yet. At least, not really. I still don’t quite understand it all. It seems there was ‘something’ published in two volumes, and this e-version is both put together, but when it’s REALLY published it might be different. Whatever. It was a good read. It caught my interest and even knowing it didn’t really have an end was OK. I most likely will buy the finalized version, and hope for sequels. It’s very hard to try and do a synopsis on this. I highly recommend it, though. You’re just gonna have to trust me on this one. Go to Blaney’s website and you can get the e-book for yourself. Free!
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
The Midwife’s Here! by Linda Fairley

This was a joy to read, one of the main reasons being the author is about my age, and everything took place in a time period I was very familiar with. This is Linda’s autobiography of becoming a midwife in England in the 1960s. I’ve always loved this type of book. It was interesting to read about how things were done back then and how much the medical world has changed regarding childbirth. I look forward to her sequel.



No comments:

Post a Comment