Friday, June 15, 2012

"What Is Truth?"




When Jesus was before Pilate, He said, “Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.” Pilate answered Him with, “What is truth?” (John 18:37-38)

When looking for something to inspire a blog for today, I came across this prompt on one of the many sites I troll: List the top 10 things you know to be absolutely true.

I immediately thought of the Bible passage. What IS truth? Even more, what is ABSOLUTE truth? Heavy question. There are a lot of things I’m not absolutely sure about, let alone believe to be true. But here’s what I came up with.

1. I am a child of God. Loved, redeemed, bought-and-paid for.

2. I will be with Christ one day, as He has promised.

That’s only two things, but those are pretty important to me. There are many more that I HOPE to be true, that I WISH to be true, but I KNOW ABSOLUTELY that the above 2 are true.

Some say “What about Death and Taxes?” But not everyone pays taxes. And when Christ returns, those that are still living will not taste death, so that’s not even a sure thing. (For most of us, it is, I know)

So that’s MY truth.

What’s yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment