Friday, February 24, 2012

Running Out of Steam



At this time last week I was really dragging. This visit with Lia & Co. was a bit different than the previous ones. I seemed to have a marked lack of energy. I don’t think Lia was more “bouncy” than usual, and our activities weren’t much more than we’ve always done. In fact, because of weather, we only went on 1 walk this time. I just didn’t seem to have any stamina whatsoever. Am I getting old?!?!?

I know I’m seriously out of shape, but that has never been a real factor on these visits. Maybe I need to really start watching my health. I’m going back down to Fresno at the end of March for another week and I’d like to be in a better frame of body and mind. After all, this is my ONLY grandchild…I want to enjoy her as much as possible!

I often think of the passage in Isaiah 40 that says:
“But they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”

Now, having wings would be awesome. Totally. And my running days are long gone, but I wouldn’t mind the “not be weary” part. I don’t want Lia’s memories of me to be of a tired grandma that couldn’t play with her.

So I have a month to get in a bit better shape (if my knees allow it) and hope the next visit will not leave me so exhausted. Wish me luck; prayers are real good, too! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment