Monday, November 9, 2009

Sorry, Gladys

Gladys, I'll be honest. I'm a bit bummed at the moment. My mood status on Myspace states I'm at "sixes and sevens" right now. I looked up the phrase and it's used to describe a state of confusion or disarray. "Disarray" is the word I would use. With a bit of melancholy and a touch of Weltschmerz for seasoning, perhaps, as well. Which is why I've been ignoring you, Glad. May I call you "Glad" for short? After all, I consider you a dear friend, and dear friends nickname each other....
Anyway, I just seem to have lost my "oomph" lately. Maybe it's the time of life, time of season, or just plain TIME, in all caps. I don't hear the clock ticking so much as the sand whooshing its way down the hourglass. Ecclesiastes is starting to run though my mind. Maybe it's my approaching BD. Don't know.
I used to be on Myspace all the time. There were a lot of blogspots I read all the time. Now I just don't seem to care as much. I miss it all, Gladys, and especially you, but I just don't seem to be able to work up the energy to leave comments like I used to or blog as much. Have I run out of words? I hope not!
I'm going to do something I've never done before. I'm going to directly ask for feedback. Just this once, I promise. Let me know I'm not speaking into a vacuum. Because that would just suck. (haha, get it? Vacuum? Suck? I still have my sense of humor!)
OK. No more whining. This will be the last pity party I throw for myself. In future, if I don't feel like writing, I won't. I had really wanted to challenge myself and commit to writing something weekly. No more promises. I love to write, but I'm not going to force it. So check back once in a while, Glad, if you're really bored. And don't take my absence personally. Give my regards to Pete.
To quote Jimmy Cagney, as he said at the end of his autobiography--"Thanks for the use of the hall." ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment