Saturday, November 21, 2009

random meme

I got this from a meme site I'd not seen before:
1. Has anyone in your life talked in their sleep?
Marv used to talk in his sleep ALL THE TIME. Sometimes I'd respond, which would wake him up and he'd get annoyed with ME! Now all he does sometimes is laugh in his sleep, which is kinda weird. He never remembers what he's dreamed about.
2. What do you like about Fall?
The best Fall days are cold but sunny. The leaves are crispy and sometimes you can smell woodsmoke. The best nights are cold but clear and you can see all the stars.
3. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you?
Sarah's dentist!! When I broke my tooth during my last visit, he worked me into his schedule, made repairs that would get me through until I could see my regular dentist, and only charged me $30!! Totally saved the rest of the visit for me! Thanks, Dr. Sasai!
4. What is the longest line you've stood in, and was it worth it?
Many years ago, Garrison Keillor was in Sacramento at a book store. The whole family went down there. I stood in line for 4 hours to meet him and took a couple of his paperbacks that I had, hoping he'd sign them. While I was in line, Marv bought the latest hardback for me. Not only did Keillor sign and date the hardback, he signed a funny little comment in each of my paperbacks. AND I brought the camera, so Marv took our picture! If I knew where that pic was, I'd post it. And yes, it was worth it!
5. Is there a book that you're dying to see as a movie?
In the early 70's I read "Calico Palace" by Gwen Bristow and totally fell in love with it. It took place in early California during the Gold Rush. I wished with all my heart that it would be made into a movie. I loved all the characters in the book and could ALMOST see the action taking place while I was reading it. Alas, it never was filmed.
6. When was the last time you complimented someone, and what was their reaction?
While visiting Sarah, Chris made a wonderful chicken dinner. I complimented him twice, but he made no response.
7. When was the last time you had an ice cream cone?
ALL SUMMER LONG...which is why I'm doing Atkins at the moment...
8. If everyone liked each other, what would we complain about?
What else? The weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment