Saturday, August 15, 2009

the pain! the pain!

Paul spent the last few days "improving" our computer. One casualtyof it all was my bookmarks! Gone! Without a trace! Oh, the pain! I had an old file of bookmarks saved in a folder, but there were a lot of dead end ones and ones I no longer used/needed. I had a LOT of YouTube songs that are gone, but those are fairly easy to get back, just takes some looking around YouTube again. And I had some great YouTube tutorials for stamping that I'll try to find. Some were just stumbled upon and will not be easy to find. What I'll miss the most are the stamping blogs that I had come across randomly. I spent most of today trolling the Net looking for stamping blogs. Haven't yet found the originals, but did come across some really neat ones. There are a lot of stamp blogs done by Stampin Up demonstrators, a goodly number of them in the UK. I had no idea SU was in the UK. I even found a blog done by a man in the UK who is a demonstrator.

AND--all my games were gone and had to be re-installed. Which means my scores were lost! I'd worked hard on some of those word games and just don't have the heart right now to really get into them in the same spirit as before. For Bookworm, I had gone for DAYS working on that one. And I can't find the disc for Bonnie's Bookstore, so can't even play that one until I find it.

But I'll live. I guess. I'll stop whining about it, anyway. At least now I back up my stuff on a more regular basis. Even though not only is the horse gone, the barn (with the door) burned down....*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment