Thursday, February 29, 2024

OK…I’m Old! – Part 4

 



Film Canisters!! These were SO MUCH FUN to play with! You could put so many little treasures in these things. Paper clips, a few marbles, balloons. You could even put together a mini survival kit, sewing kit, first aid kit…These were mainly for my kids, not me. I came from the square flash-bulb era. But since my kids are in their 40s now, that DOES make me old…

 


 

This was a great little show from Canada on Nickelodeon that I watched everyday with the kids. Loved their skits. Les Lye and Abby Hagyard were the only adult members of the cast. Les was AWESOME in whatever skit he was in. In the ‘family skits’ with Les and Abby as the parents, Abby ALWAYS wore bright yellow rubber dish washing gloves, even sitting at the dinner table. My favorite line in those scenes was Les saying “Don’t encourage your mother!”

 


 

Tower Records was THE place to go for music!! Got probably 90% of my albums from that place. So many good memories!

 


 

WE HAD THIS SAME COASTER SET!!! And we used them! After awhile the cork absorbed so much moisture it separated from the wood. We still used them. Finally put them in the Salvation Army box many years ago.

 


 

These came out in the 70s and I loved them. I still do, although now they are Maxwell House and come in all plastic containers. I have the orange flavor every morning when I make my slimfast coffee. Great way to start the day.

 

Random Thought:

Boobytrap backward is Partyboob…

 


No comments:

Post a Comment