Thursday, March 10, 2022

I’m A Little Teapot

 



I will freely admit that at heart, I am a collector. Cats, books, craft supplies, earrings. You name it and I could easily become a collector. And not just of the 4 things mentioned. Because I have SOME good sense, I stop at those 4 things. Since the category of “cat” can include all of the above, I can spread out in other directions of interest. Like teapots. I love teapots. I love the idea of teapots. I love the English custom of afternoon tea. Marv’s sister-in-law used to make a pot of tea in the morning and have it sitting on the table for breakfast. She even gave us a teapot with yellow and blue flowers on it, because those were my wedding colors. I think I used it a couple of times and that was it. It really wasn’t big enough to have more than a couple of small cups of tea from it. I had another couple of “normal” teapots as well. At some point I got rid of them and just have cat ones now. 

 The Laurel Burch ones were from Marv and his mom for my birthday/Christmas. I have never used them. They are in my china cabinet. The figure of a cat (or any animal, really) is very easy to make into a teapot. 

 


 

I saw the TV teapot on Facebook and immediately thought, “I want that!” I’ve seen other unusual or weird teapots, and of course, I go for the weird or unusual. So I started looking around for some. I don’t intend to get any, because of my good sense. And there is no more room in my china cabinet. But they’re fun to look at. There are a LOT of quirky teapots out there. Some would only be good for decorative purposes because they would be very difficult to clean. And that’s probably the purpose for them anyway.

 


The alien is cute, but I think it would be better as a cookie jar.


The snail is just plain adorable.

 


The mysterious cat and mouse one is awesome and I would definitely make room in the china cabinet for this one.

 


I love the woodsy looking one by Mark Chuck. Check out his website. I don’t know if this was made as an art piece or for a functioning teapot.

 


This one by Scott Dooley is OUTSTANDING! He’s an art professor. And I’m pretty sure this piece is strictly art. Wonderful piece.

 

And even though I am a firm fan of coffee, I do enjoy the occasional cuppa. Faves include Earl Grey, Moroccan Mint, Licorice and just about any fruity/spice kind.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment