Thursday, November 4, 2021

This Old Thing? I’ve Had It For Years!!

 

Apparently some of the fashions from the 60s are creeping in again. Not that I mind. I loved the 60s outfits. Never could really wear them, though. Especially when Twiggy made it an imperative to have no visible boobs or hips… And now I’m too old to wear them… *sigh*

 


Plastic Clothes

There was a girl in my Home Ec class in junior high that had an amazing plastic skirt and matching jacket outfit. She squeaked when she walked or sat down. I would have killed for the ability to wear something like that! It was bright yellow background with little flowers all over it.

 


Kitschy Jewelry

LOVED the jewelry!! Loved it!! The clunky rings and bracelets. The hair accessories. The necklaces and earrings. Never had the courage to wear any of those things. I might start wearing that kind of stuff now.

 


Skinny Scarves

Never did those, either. That’s probably something I could get away with now. For a while there seemed to be a fad of skinny scarves and I knitted several of them for various outfits. Then the fad died. Maybe I’ll get them out again.

 


Textured Tights

That kind of thing I DID wear. All the time! In junior high we still had a dress code for girls and could only wear dresses or skirts. I had all sorts of tights and wore them even though they provided NO WARMTH in the winter!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment