Thursday, November 18, 2021

Musings From The Moon


 


Not really. I was just feeling capricious today. I’m still on this plain of existence. Maybe.

 

What’s the strangest thing in your refrigerator?

Two examples. Back when we had a fish tank, we would have a container of live tubifex worms in the fridge to keep them fresh. One time the container got knocked over in the fridge. Bleh.

When we were having our family room remodeled, the painter had to take a break between coats to let the paint dry. To keep the paint in the container from drying, he had me stick it in my fridge.

 

Would you rather hear the music of Johann Sebastian Bach played by a barbershop quartet, or a heavy metal band?

Heavy metal, every time! Although I did find a pretty darn good barbershop rendition. Listen and judge for yourself. Barbershop: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?extid=SEO----&v=2956898987687326

Metal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxvOXsv6eQw

 

What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?

I’ve already blogged about my peanut butter and _____ combinations, so I won’t repeat myself. And I’ve already made my stand for having pineapple on pizza. The only other thing I can recall is having buttered bread and dill pickle slices as a sandwich when I was young.

 

What’s the most interesting building you’ve ever seen or been in?

The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. 50+ years ago my brother, my dad and I visited Aunt Bernice in Missouri and made a side trip to see Uncle Jimmy and our cousins in Chicago. Wonderful place. Too much to see in one trip.

 

What movie quotes do you use on a regular basis?

I absolutely LOVED the movie Cold Comfort Farm, and there are two lines (among many) that I love the most. The one that I actually use is when I’m complaining and I try to downplay it by saying that I’m “just moanin’ abaht.” The other line I don’t get to use that much. It’s when asked what I’m doing, I say, “Weavin’ me own shroud, belike.”

 

What would be the best thing you could reasonably expect to find in a cave?

Slime, bats, mold etc. That’s the reasonable thing. The BEST thing would be a large chest full of pirate gold.

 

What would be the most unsettling thing to keep occasionally finding around your house?

Random body parts.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment