Thursday, July 22, 2021

Avoiding Social Commitments



Most of us at one time or another have faced a social event or commitment that we did NOT want to take part in, but didn’t have a really valid excuse. The following was written with the help of my granddaughter, Lia. Even if the excuses are specious, they just might keep people from ever asking you again…

 

“I’m sorry, Ursula, but I can’t (whatever the occasion) because when taking my meds, it left pill residue on my tongue. I’m sure you understand.”

 

“Oh, Tristan, I can’t. I got NO sleep last night. There were lizards on my ceiling!”

 

“I’d love to, Bentley, but I’m afraid I’m going to be too busy rounding up the skeletons that escaped from my closet.”

 

“I wish I could, Kendra, but I have to write my will. You never know just when the Grim Reaper is going to visit…”

 

“Gee, Rowan, it sounds like fun, but I set that time aside to alphabetize my spice rack.”

 

“Maybe next week, Tinsley. This week I’m prepping for a colonoscopy.”

 

“I don’t know, Marlowe. Can I bring my dog Bootsie along? Poor thing has been suffering projectile diarrhea and I hate to leave her alone. I’ve got protective pads to lay on your floor…”

 

“Oh, Esme, I wish you’d asked me last week. I was free then. Now I have all these cats.”

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment