Thursday, August 6, 2020

Happy Blogiversary!!



In August 2009 I started switching my blog over from Myspace to the venue it is now. After posting to blogspot I post a link to it on Facebook. The postings on Myspace started in May of 2006 and were sporadic and short. Just blather on whatever topic that ran through my mind. After doing a “real” blog, though, I have tried to be more centered and consistent. I finally arrived at the consistent Friday post every week and have held to that. Over 10+ years now!! Won’t this girl EVER shut up?!? The answer is NOPE.

I always enjoyed creative writing in school. Both for stories and poetry. I can crank out crap poetry all day long. For the more serious stories and poetry, I put a bit more effort into it. I’ve mentioned that in the bad ol’ days of deep depression I was fairly prolific, but very dark. I don’t do as much writing as I used to now that I’m stable. Sometimes I have to really sit down and ponder when preparing a blog. From time to time I have posted some of my stuff from the past, both dark and light. It’s all a part of me. Sometimes sharing something personal is like handing over a bit of my soul.

The summer before my senior year in HS I took a class in creative writing. That was such an eye opener into new ways of writing. I had already filled out the schedule for the classes I would take in the fall, and one of them was art. I decided to change from that one to creative writing, and I’m so glad I did. Pat Wismer was the teacher and I just loved her. We would do our assignments and then one by one would sit by her at her desk and confer on what we’d written. There was one rather long poem I did that I was pretty chuffed with. She thought it was good except for one small part that she wanted me to change. I argued a bit with her about it, but she wouldn’t accept the poem unless I changed it. Well…..that was NOT going to fly!!! I took the poem back and refused to hand it in. You can correct my grammar, spelling, whatnot, but CONTENT??? I don’t think so!!

So here we are. 14 years since I started on Myspace and 11 years on Facebook. Some of it drek, some of it OK, some of it (IMHO) fabulous. Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment