Thursday, November 21, 2019

Terrific Tuesday




For the first time since my knee op, I drove the 40 minute trip to Chico for my pulmonologist appointment. I had done short trips in town but nothing that required me to sit in one position for any length of time. Going there was no problem, but coming home got a tad painful by the time I was on 149. But I did it and know it will only get better.

Rocking along with Robert Palmer helped, too. I was playing his ‘Addictions’ volume 1 CD. LOVED his music. He died way too early, only 54 in 2003. A great loss to music. He didn’t do drink or drugs but was a very heavy smoker.

Chico was lovely, as always, especially in Autumn. My favorite time of year. It just does not get any better. I really miss living there.

I did a breathing test at my appointment and the results were great. They were better than the last one in May, which was better than the one previous to that. Thank you Lord! The ILD is not progressing! I won’t have to go back to the Chico doctor for 6 months. Next month I will be going to the one at UC Davis to consult with him as well. It’s now been about a year and a half since I was diagnosed.

I had planned on going to Starbucks with Marv after my appointment since he works just across the street, but things got started late for my appointment and it was well after lunch time when I was done. So we went to Carl’s Jr. It’s always a treat when I’m in Chico to get to do this kind of thing with Marv.

After dinner that night was our Christ Care Bible study group. Our group has been going for many years and we are a very close, tight-knit group. Great fellowship of kindred hearts. And Jay always makes something yummy for snack. This time it was snickerdoodles. AWESOME!

All in all a great day. Again, thank you Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment