Thursday, January 17, 2019

Where Are My Shoes?!?!?


  

 Not too long after Marv and I were married, I was asked to be in the wedding of my friend who had been my maid of honor. I was looking forward to the whole event. We lived in Paradise and Jo lived in Tulare, so it was a bit of a drive.


Jo’s mom made the bridesmaid dresses and I LOVED the pattern and colors. That was one of my favorite dresses for special occasions, since it wasn’t a typical bridesmaid dress.

We were all packed and had the car loaded and we took off. My parents were Jo’s godparents, so they made the trip as well in their own car.

We got to the motel and unloaded the bags. When it got close to the time we were to be at the rehearsal, I looked for the cute green plastic tote with ALL MY SHOES, as well as Marv’s dress pair. THE BAG WAS NOT THERE. I remembered setting the bag next to our suitcases in the living room by the door. Where it had apparently remained back at the house…

Thankfully, there was a Kinny Shoe Store in Tulare. We didn’t have a whole lot of extra money for a bunch of new shoes, but we did need something decent to wear for the wedding. I had planned on wearing the shoes I wore for my wedding, even though they weren’t the most comfortable. And of course, I had shoes for every other outfit I had packed as well…*sigh*
So, one pair of nice shoes was all I was going to be able to get and they would have to do for the entire weekend.

I got a cute pair of dressy sandals that I LOVED WITH ALL MY HEART! They became my favorites right from the get-go. They were so comfortable! I wore those shoes until they were completely worn out. I was so sad the day I had to finally throw them out.

I still miss Kinny Shoe Store. We had one in Oroville and I really liked their shoes.

And yes, the green tote of shoes was waiting for us when we got home…


No comments:

Post a Comment