Friday, December 28, 2018

My 2019 Book Recommendations




Instead of listing individual books of a particular series, as I’ve done in the past, I will just say here and now: “Read these authors. Read these series.”
I’ll continue to give accounts of books I’ve read outside of a series. Unless someone tells me to stop. I never get feedback on my book reports, and that’s OK. It’s mainly for my own record of what I’ve read in a particular year.
Speaking of which, for the year 2018 I read 59 books. A bit more than one a week. Not bad.

In no particular order, here are the series/authors I love:

Agatha Christie. Always good, even when rereading.
Arthur Conan Doyle. Same as above.
Earl Stanley Gardner  (Perry Mason)
Rex Stout  (Nero Wolfe)
Georges Simenon  (Inspector Maigret)
Ellery Queen

For books with a Christian view, Guidepost puts out several good series written by multiple authors:
“Mysteries of Martha’s Vineyard”
“Tearoom Mysteries”
“Secrets of Wayfarers Inn”
“Secrets of the Blue Hill Library”
“Tales from Grace Chapel Inn”

Garrison Keillor
Patrick F. McManus (SO funny! Sadly, he just died last April)

Just about any Sci-fi/Fantasy book, but here are my top 10 authors
Asimov
Bradbury
Pratchett
Simak
Ursula K. LeGuin
Jules Verne
Anne McCaffrey
Andre Norton
Tolkien
Asprin

I know there are some I’ve left off, or faves of others. Let me know what YOUR faves are!


No comments:

Post a Comment