Thursday, February 15, 2018

Inane Questions part 1




My friend, Min Newell, posted a bunch of these with her answers. I decided to use some of the questions for blogfodder. Yes, it’s a word. I just made it up. (Picture me with my tongue sticking out)

A New Year’s resolution I haven’t been able to accomplish yet:
I didn’t make any this year because of my failure with last years resolutions. I wanted to start using my good china again. Never did. In my defense, we rarely have “dinner” with other people here anymore. Hotdogs on the weber in the back yard does not require china. And when it’s just Marv and me, we eat sitting in our recliners in front of the TV.
The other one was to use a few of the many, many recipes I’ve gotten off of Facebook and the Internet. Didn’t do that either. I’ve had friends who have done this, and I’ve been fortunate enough to sample some of those recipes. All are good. But me? Nada…

When I get a call from a telemarketer:
I talked about this before, but I’ll do it again. I have come to rather enjoy needling telemarketers when they aren’t robots. Sadly, most of them are nowadays. But if I get a real person on the line, doesn’t matter what the subject is, I will play along for a while and try to be as frustrating as possible. Sometimes I will act angry. Other times I will answer the phone sounding like someone had just died. Try it! It’s fun!!

My comfort food is:
High sugar, high carbs. Don’t judge me. Pasta, French toast, ridiculously high-priced coffees from Starbucks. If it’s bad for me, I probably love it. NO KALE in this comfort zone!! OMG…I almost forgot BACON!! Let ya in on a little secret…sometimes Marv and I will fry up an entire package of bacon and EAT IT ALL!!

The most important decision I’ve ever made was:
To NOT take my life. Through most of high school, I tried to figure out a way to commit suicide that was relatively painless and would work the first time. I didn’t want to end up a vegetable because I’d gotten the mix of pills wrong (this was when my mom was temporarily on the wagon and there was no booze in the house, or I might have considered mixing the two).
And anything involving a lot of pain I didn’t think I could go through with. I also was wrestling with the thought that taking my life was a sin against God. And that is what finally decided me. As a Christian, I couldn’t take my life without it being a slap in the face of God. So I decided not to do it. I was very depressed with that realization, but I always depressed anyway, so no big loss. Of course, now I’m very grateful I stuck around. And a couple of years later was when I started getting help.


No comments:

Post a Comment