Friday, September 22, 2017

Magnetic Poetry





I’ve always loved to play with words, and magnetic poetry was so much fun. I never really had a set, but there are various sites online where you can mess around with the words and have fun. One time I found a site that sold magnetic poetry kits in various genres. There was a list of words for each kit and I wrote several poems from each version. I had the idea of printing them up and cutting out the words separately and gluing them in an altered book. I may still do that. But for now I will share some of these poems. I didn’t mark them as to which version I used. There was original, Shakespeare, zen and some others. You might be able to guess which ones they are. There were no hyphens in the kits, so where I’ve put two words together, I’ve used the slant mark.

#1
bold little feline
always full of cunning grace
drink sweet milk from
                  special bowl
looks at me &
I can almost hear her talk

#2
I fly to dream/like
diamond paradise
bathe in dark red blood
drunk with moon/music
   goddess angel gaze down
she smile and whisper
   dance near evening flame
                    and burn

#3
imagine surreal harmony
through blue aesthetic smoke
            which feels empty
wild canvas creates
     an electric angel silhouette
           from angry paint

#4
I dream of Manhattan
& hurry downtown
   in cold glass taxi
the stars overwhelmed
   by neon sky of expensive smoke
my ugly garment
   a token of modern style

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Depending on what (if any) kind of reaction this gets, I might share some more of these next week. Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment