Thursday, June 29, 2017

Souvenirs Aléatoires



The above title is just the fancy French way of saying random memories, which was the title of my blog a couple weeks ago. I didn’t feel like repeating myself and adding pt. 2 or anything like that and besides, adding a little refinement can’t hurt. I found some pics online that harken back to my childhood and sparked a little nostalgia.

I absolutely LOVED these cough crops and would sneak them whenever I could. I could consume and entire box if allowed.

I had a diary EXACTLY like this, except it was a 1 year. I loved that book and poured my heart out in it. To hide the little key, I glued a small magnet inside the top desk drawer behind the front where no one could see it. Since the key was metal, it rested safely in the desk until I needed it.

We had glasses like this! Almost the same pattern. Then we got a dishwasher and the glasses were run through it, instead of hand washing. There went the pattern!

I HATED this dryer! What my mom, grandma and I used was this ancient hand held thing that was very heavy and tiresome to use and took forever to dry my hair. Especially in curlers. My dad thought he was doing us women folk a big favor by buying one of the pictured models. I have no idea what my mom and grandma thought of it, but I detested it. That hose thing made it difficult to place the hood so the hot air wouldn’t burn your scalp. And where the opening of the hose was, that was the area of hair that got really cooked while the rest of your head was wet. Hated it!!

Man! Did I use a LOT of this stuff!! Since I was always into some kind of craft, even as a kid, I went through a LOT of this mucilage. That rubber tip wasn’t always the easiest thing to deal with. I usually didn’t get enough glue coming out to try and spread with the tip. Then I would try to amend the slit and would more often than not, get way too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment