Thursday, June 22, 2017

Random Pic - Mushrooms




I was trolling some of my favorite sites for blog prompts and one had a random picture generator. I used to look at pictures in magazines and make up little stories about them. I haven’t done that in a long time and decided to try it again. The picture above is what came up.

The first thing I thought of was maybe a poem or two. Haiku is one of my favorite forms of poetry, so that was easy:

Mushroom or toadstool
Is a fungus among us
Either one can kill
~*~   ~*~   ~*~   ~*~   ~*~
I also love fairytales and came up with a little poem for children:

7 little fairy houses
On the forest floor
Each one lived in all alone
Behind a hidden door
They sleep all day
And play at night
Because they love the moon
They write their names
On all the trees
With special Fairy Runes
Because they’re shy
Of humankind
You won’t see them about
Unless you learn
Their secret names
And softly bid them out:
Moonwind, Petal, Shimmer, Whisper, Leafkind, Star, Liana
~*~  ~*~  ~*~  ~*~  ~*~
I doubt the mushrooms in the picture are the kind they serve in restaurants, but I LOVE sautéed
mushrooms in butter and garlic. I could eat them with almost any meal other than breakfast. Strike that, I would put them in an omelet with cheese. Hashbrowns on the side. And now I’m hungry…


No comments:

Post a Comment