Thursday, March 9, 2017

They Still Fit!!




And no, I’m not talking about my earrings from high school. Although they DO still fit. As do my flip-flops…but I digress…

No, I made an interesting discovery recently. No matter WHAT my weight is, has been, or will be…when it comes to clothes…

THE CRANKY PANTS ALWAYS FIT!!!

I can grab those suckers at any time, pull ‘em on with a snort, and they fit like they were made for me! They seem to go with any outfit I have on at the time, too. Sometimes I don’t even realize that I’m wearing them until they poke out a bit around the edges. And while they are miraculously easy to don, they can be terrifically difficult to take off. Sometimes it’s like they are glued to my body. It requires great effort to remove them, and can even be painful.

Sometimes I don’t WANT to take off my cranky pants. I want to wear them all day and even go to bed in them! There have even been times when I wake up wearing them. (That’s a good day to stay away from me, BTW.)

But the time usually comes when I have no choice but to take ‘em off and deal with things like an adult. And adulting can be hard. I prefer to be un-adulterated…
Once the cranky pants are off, I do usually feel better. Especially when I haven’t noticed I was wearing them until they are off. I seem to breathe a little easier, too.

Even though the cranky pants seem to end up in my closet again, ready to bring out at a moment’s notice, I try to keep them shoved in the back.

So skip the cranky pants…instead, put on the happy slacks. Everyone will feel better.

Cheers….


No comments:

Post a Comment