Thursday, September 8, 2016

Pointless facts




Yet another article from MSN. A lot of these facts were in the category of “who cares?” and “wish *I* could get a boat load of grant money to research this!”
I have included only those I found worth mentioning.

The Haskell Opera House was deliberately built on the U.S.-Canada border. The opera stage resides in Canada but most of the opera seats are in the United States.
{OK. Big question. Do you need a passport if you come from the US and want to go up onstage? And what if you’re trying to flee the US and go into Canada. Can you buy your opera ticket and then sneak out the back door and you are over the border and free? THIS NEEDS TO BE LOOKED INTO!!}

Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
{My only comment is how much time and money was spent on this?? Did they have to buy a special fridge for the research lab? Just how did they research this?}

If kept in a dark room, a goldfish will turn white.
{Just this bald statement. How long did this poor fish have to spend in the dark? And when it was brought back into the light, did it turn orange again? And did you know you could BUY fish that were already white?}

The Fitzroy River turtle, also known as the bum-breathing turtle, obtains almost 70% of the oxygen it needs through its buttocks.
{This is the ABSOLUTE BEST subject for junior high science/biology class. I can hear the snickering from the 7th grade boys. Every boy should have his own bum-breathing turtle.}

Some species of snails may have more than 20,000 teeth.
{OK. My biggest question is how on EARTH they found a dentist willing to get a snail into the examining chair and find a dental dam small enough to pry that sucker’s mouth open…}

If an electric current is applied to a pickle, it will glow in the dark.
{I would be willing to guess most things, with enough electricity, will glow in the dark. I’m just grateful they did this with a pickle and not a cute little bunny rabbit.}

Before starving to death, a cockroach can live for nine days without its head.
{HA! That’s nothing!! I’ve known SEVERAL people who exist just fine WITHOUT A BRAIN!}

On average, there are 8 insect legs in a chocolate bar.
{I do NOT need to know this kind of thing and I apologize for sharing this info, but I had a blog to write and I was running out of material.}


No comments:

Post a Comment