Thursday, April 30, 2015

Cats, Cats, & More Cats



  

I’ve blogged before about my inborn love of cats, so I won’t belabor that. Bottom line, I love cats. Always have, always will.

Along with my love of the real deal, I collect cat “stuff”…lots and lots and lots. I used to get anything “cat” whenever I would come across it. At this point in my life, I have so much that I can’t display it all, so I exercise great constraint. Most of my friends know of my feline interest, and find it very easy to get gifts for me for whatever occasion that calls for a gift.

Along with cat “things” I also appreciate artwork from artists such as Kliban, Laurel Burch, Sandra Silberzweig and Dean Russo. I have a set of collectible plates by Bill Bell. Since Laurel Burch died, her stuff can be pretty pricey.

I have enough cat ornaments to trim at least 2-3 large Christmas trees. (But don’t let that stop you if that’s what you were going to give me for my birthday or Christmas.) I like to rotate them every year.

You want to see figurines?? I got ‘em!! Tons! Love ‘em all!
Cookie jars, tea sets, tea pots, mugs, glasses.
Mirrors. Pictures. BOOKS galore. Pillows.
I even have a cane with a cat’s head.
Playing cards. Games. Pens.

And I’m always on the lookout for something new or different. The other day I was looking through a mail order magazine and saw a cat-shaped fan. It took either batteries or had an adapter that you could plug in. I do not have a cat fan. However, as I said, I use constraint. The fan was plastic, and when you count the cost of the adapter and shipping, it was way more than what I considered a reasonable price.

So yes, you may call me a “Crazy Cat Lady.” I accept that. But I’m not insane…>^..^<


No comments:

Post a Comment