Thursday, March 12, 2015

A Darn Good Day





Tuesday was a day that could’ve started out not so great, but instead was one of the best. There was nothing that anyone would really care about except me, but since this is MY blog, that’s what I’m gonna write about.

One of the cats that has been having stomach “issues” is apparently still having them, but instead of waking up to those “issues” all over the floor OUTSIDE of the litter box (as on Sunday) it was all INSIDE the box and easier to take care of.

I had forgotten to close the windows on the car Monday night, and when I went out on Tuesday I was NOT greeted with the smell of neighborhood cats, as is usually the case. Instead, just leaves. No problem.

First stop was Salvation Army, where my mission was to get a couple of fancy cups and saucers for Lia and I to play REAL “tea” with next time she’s up here. Didn’t find them, but did find some awesome Asian design glasses and cups. Really pretty, and go well with some of my other stuff in the china cabinet. Also got a Boggle game to take to Fresno and leave there. Only thing missing was the timer, but that’s easily dealt with. And SA gives a senior discount!

Then it was the dollar store right next to SA. I love just going up and down every aisle to see what’s new. NO TIARAS. A bit disappointed about that one, but maybe some will show up. I mainly wanted to get things for Lia’s Easter basket other than sugar. She’s going to get enough of that at the egg hunt at church. I scored a carrot jump rope, some bath bubbles in little chicks, a puzzle book and a pack of punch balloons. At the last minute, I got a very cute pair of reading glasses and will have Marv pop the lenses out. Lia is just ADORABLE when she wears these and looks like a cute librarian. She had a pink pair of specs that she wore all the time and they eventually bit the dust. I also have a rabbit figurine candle holder that belonged to Marv’s mom. I always intended for Lia to have that some day and Easter is the perfect time. I think all that in her basket will make her happy. I also got a couple of vinyl bath books for Emma and 4 board books. It’s nice to be shopping for a little one again. For a future project, I got a ceramic bowl and some black sand. I’d seen a really cute table-top cactus “garden” on Facebook that I’d like to try and make with Lia. You paint stones to look like cacti and set them in the sand. I’ve wanted to do that project for a long time.

After dinner, I finished the crochet afghan I’ve been working on for Emma. I’m very pleased with the color choices I’ve made. After I wash and block it, I’ll take a pic and post it on FB.

As I said at the beginning, nothing really of interest to anyone except me. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire day. God is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment