Thursday, March 19, 2015

Derrrrr……







Unfortunately, that little doggie at the left is the embodiment of what is going through my mind at any given moment. What am I DOING????  What do I THINK I’m doing????  What is going ON?????

I have so many interests going on ALL. THE. TIME. Paper crafts. Reading. Crochet. Facebook.

Then there are the “not-so-interesting” things. Housework. Laundry. Shopping. Bills.

I have 2 or 3 books started right now. I’m in the middle of a knitted blankie for Emma. I have a continual pile of paper craft stuff spread out on the table. Trolling the Internet and Facebook is always a huge lure.

I usually get to the end of the day and am dismayed at all I did NOT accomplish.

I have finally decided to quit beating myself up about it. Since I hate all the household stuff, I will give myself a huge amount of slack on it. I will tidy the kitchen and then spend an hour or so on the computer. Then I’ll clean a bathroom and spend another hour on the computer. Then I’ll get a load of laundry started and spend an hour or more with a book. I still end the day with too much that still needs to be done, but at least SOME of it has been done, and I’m OK with that. Crochet can be done in front of the TV, and that’s how I got Emma’s afghan done. Knitting requires a bit more attention from me, since I suck at it, but I can still get a few rows done in an evening.

So what did I get done today? It took me all day in and around my interests, but:
I got the bookcase in the guest room in order. I’ve been going through a bunch of kids books for Lia and Emma, and trying to get rid of some of my old books that I know I’m not going to read again.
I got one of the bathrooms clean.
I made an awesome spaghetti dinner.

I’m happy with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment