Friday, February 20, 2015

Mysteries & Music – Arthur Conan Doyle





I was in my early teens when I started reading Sherlock Holmes books and stories. I loved them with a passion, and have them all. I had seen pictures of Basil Rathbone portraying him, so I already had a mental picture to work with. And physically, Rathbone was good. But he smiled far too much when I viewed some of these old movies.

As with some of the other actors I’ve mentioned in previous blogs, Jeremy Brett was BORN to do this role. He IS Sherlock Holmes, and all others will be compared to Brett. Robert Downey Jr. is good, don’t get me wrong, but Brett was the best. Absolutely brilliant. His death was almost a personal loss.

The theme was written by Patrick Gowers. Lovely and poignant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFZHLr5pxA8


No comments:

Post a Comment