Friday, January 9, 2015

Body And Mind Have Reunited…For Now





OK. I’m back. Some days that’s about as far as I go. Many mornings I wake up and just lay there praying for the mental wherewithal to fling back those covers. Doing better, though.

Christmas was nice with Sarah and Lia (and Diva) here. Did some crafts with Lia that were fun. Just wish I had more time with her.

Since Tuesday was Epiphany, we dismantled the tree. The tree is now in the attic, but until yesterday afternoon the ornaments were still all over the kitchen table waiting for me to box them up. This year I didn’t put many ornaments at all on the tree, and was amazed at how nice it still looked. My first priority was getting the ornaments that used to belong to Marv’s mom and put them on the tree. I still miss her so much. Marv and I had debated about getting a smaller tree next year and giving this one to Sarah. As were getting ready to pack it up, though, we realized this is really a NICE tree. And the fact that I hadn’t put many ornaments on did not take away from it. So we might end up keeping it. Sorry, Sarah…

Marv FINALLY got his CPAP machine right after Christmas, and I was amazed at how quiet it is! The oxygen concentrator was pretty darn loud, but I got used to it. This thing is wonderful, though. I have to admit it creeps me out a bit to see him lying there with the mask on, but I will probably be ending up with one as well.

Since getting our Smart TV with the ability to watch youtube on it, we’ve been having a great time watching old TV shows. Marv really likes the Combat episodes. My brother and I watched that show growing up. Also The Rebel was another good old show. For New Year’s Eve, we watched Alfred Hitchcock Hour episodes until midnight. Tons of fun! Discovered some new authors as well, as most of those episodes were based on books or stories by mystery writers.

So the New Year has begun. And we carry on.


No comments:

Post a Comment