Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mysteries & Music – Agatha Christie - part one





By far, my all-time favorite mystery writer is Agatha Christie. I have ALL her books. I can read them over and over and still get a great deal out of them. Same with the televised mysteries.

For the Jane Marple stories, I already had a pretty clear mental picture of what she might look like. Of the various actresses, Joan Hickson WAS Jane Marple, as far as I was concerned. And the theme music for those episodes was my favorite as well. Written by Ron Howard. NOT of “Opie” fame…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5wSGzqNmPU

The other Marple was played by Geraldine McEwan and she was OK. She was a lot more physically spunky than Ms. Hickson, but I’ve never thought of Miss Marple as being very physical. Gutsy, yes, but in a much quieter manner. Always soft-spoken. The theme music for these episodes was good too, but I still prefer the first one. This one is by Dominik Scherrer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN7eUnvCBS4


No comments:

Post a Comment