Thursday, August 14, 2014

Status Report



This blog prompt came from Jen O’Neill.

This is a mild rant, as I’ve been guilty of this one myself. I try not to leave enigmatic postings on Facebook for my status, as that type of thing drive me nuts. I understand wanting to get something off your chest, and not wanting to give out personal details. But sometimes the postings seem absolutely provocative and beg for someone to ask the poster what they meant or what’s going on. The only exception is if someone asks for prayer without being specific. That one I honor. I pray, but don’t ask questions. Sometimes the poster will explain later, sometimes not. That’s OK.

The ones that irk me are usually short bursts with no explanation and go something like this:

OMG!!!!!!!! (I usually reply to this one with something funny)

Well, THAT didn’t go well… (What? Are you OK? Are the kids OK? Depending on who is posting this it can really ring alarm bells)

Back to the ER again! (same response as above, depending on the poster)

I should just shoot myself now and get it over with. (You’d be doing us all a favor…)

What’s with all the pancakes?????????? (OK, I totally made that one up)

Why? Why? Why? (I don’t care, care, care)

NO MORE DRAMA!!!!!!!!! (I find ones like this highly ironic and amusing)

I know sometimes these posts are in fun, and you can usually tell when they are by a smiley face or something. And I will usually reply in kind.

Sometimes a person will really go on a rampage and flame someone without naming names, saying “You know who you are!!!!!!” The more exclamation points, the more serious it is. If someone tends to use a lot of profanity on a regular basis, they don’t usually stay on my friend list very long.

All in all, though, I enjoy reading what people have to say. I enjoy the little community I’m in on Facebook. There’s good folks here. And they don’t know that sometimes I’m reading their words sitting here in my jammies….





No comments:

Post a Comment