Thursday, June 26, 2014

Dot's Mandala Madness, aka DMM (1)



I like mandalas. I like the shape, beauty and symmetry of them. I do NOT go along with the spiritual mindset of the philosophy or religion that is often connected with them. I’m strictly about the art of them. I think they’re fun. I enjoy making them. I enjoy seeing the different materials that people use for making them. Lia and I do them a lot when we’re together. Sadly, I’m not very artistic, but I’m working on it.

On a side note, I like unusual playing cards. I’m always on the look-out for interesting or weird decks. That includes Tarot decks. Again, I do NOT get into anything other than the art of the cards. I have a couple of beautiful decks of cat Tarot cards. And everyone who knows me, knows how I feel about cats…

Sooooo….about this particular mandala. It’s made from a deck of Hanafuda cards. I’ve forgotten how I came across the game, but was immediately enchanted by some of the beautiful decks. I found an online version of the game to play, but it’s all in Japanese, so I’m only guessing as to how it all goes. Same with the instructions that came with the deck. Doesn’t matter. I got my deck strictly for the designs. 

When I decided to start posting some of my mandalas, I decided to start with one done on the coffee table with my Hanafuda cards. So here is DMM (1) for you viewing pleasure. You'll have to click on the image to get a better look. Art for art’s sake. Just don’t tell Art…. ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment