Thursday, March 20, 2014

Alphabet Soup Du Jour GHIJ



G – Griffin
I’ve always loved Greek mythology, and aside from the Pegasus, the Griffin was one of my favorite creatures. The back half is a lion, the front half is an eagle. Pretty fierce critter all around. Wouldn’t want to tussle with one of these…

H – Hadrian’s Wall
Being a total Anglophile, anything Brit is my cup of tea, and you can’t get more Brit than Hadrian’s Wall. I don’t remember when I first learned of this amazing work of stone, but it’s always fascinated me. I’d love to walk along part of this piece of history. Or at least stand by it, since my walking days are pretty much over. I love looking at pictures of it on Wikipedia and other tourist sites.

I – Iris
My grandmother LOVED irises. She experimented with cross-breeding different colors together. Got some pretty weird looking ones, but she enjoyed it. She lived with us, and our back yard was ringed with irises and roses. We always had a vase of them in the house.

J – Jacaranda
We’ve never had a jacaranda tree, but I like the name and the pictures are just lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment