Friday, February 21, 2014

Jan P.A.D. third



13. Makes me smile – A very dear friend gave these singing kitties to me for my birthday several years ago. I set them up each Christmas, and they never fail to gladden my heart. Thanks, Candy!!

14. Three things – I went for total randomness here. We have my lip balm, a flash drive and a solar flower that a friend gave to Sarah. And just FYI, the products from The Naked Bee are the best!!! That lip balm feels SO good and the lotions are to die for!

15. Black & white – I found this great website where you can take your pics and do a whole bunch of fun stuff with. Make ‘em black + white, make them look like they’d been through a fire, do random highlights on, whatever. I took this pic on one of the walks that Lia and I would go on through the neighborhood. The mirrors are set so when you’re driving down one of the streets you can see approaching cars from the other direction. I was pretty chuffed with this shot. And then I turned it B&W.

16. Sun – I really struggled with this one. I really wanted to do something involving shadows, but things just never gelled right. Finally in desperation I used this painted metal sun I got from the Dollar Tree. Somewhere along the line, this sun will grace the cover of an altered book.

17. Tiny – This is another one I struggled with. Anything really small just did not photograph the way I wanted it to. I tried several things before deciding on this flash drive. Compared to the amount of data you can put on one of these things, the actual “body” is tiny.

18. Happy place – I went back and forth on this one. There were a couple other pictures that could fit here, but I finally decided on the bookcase. I’m at my happiest when I’m in the middle of a good book.



No comments:

Post a Comment