Friday, November 8, 2013

Book Report November 2013






Guideposts has put out a new series of Christian novels called The Blue Hill Library Series. They involve a young widow with two small children who inherits her great aunt’s house and renovates it into a library for the town. 
These books follow Anne as she tries to put her life back together after the death of her husband, deal with 2 kids and a huge renovation. So far I have really enjoyed the first 3 books of the series. What is interesting is that all the books have the author listed as “Emily Thomas”, but that is a pen name for different people who write the books. Here are the titles:
Nowhere to be Found
Shadows of the Past
Unlocking the Truth
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman

This was a delightful YA paranormal book that my eldest granddaughter lent me. Elizabeth is your typical teen going through all the changes most teens go through. Her generous heart lands her a dream job in a very unusual library, full of magical things. They all have to do with the fairy tales of the Grimm brothers. The writing is excellent and the story was a real adventure.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
I Know I Am, But What Are You? by Samantha Bee

Ms. Bee is a comedienne on The Daily Show. I’ve never seen the show, but her writing is hilarious. This book comprises of biographical essays. I originally got the book from the Dollar Store strictly to use as an altered book, but got drawn into the writing. I’m still going to alter the book, but I really enjoyed the essays.  



No comments:

Post a Comment