Friday, November 22, 2013

The Facebook "Poke"



When I first got on Facebook, I thought the “poke” deal was superfluous and didn’t pay a lot of attention to it. Then a friend mentioned about praying for someone each time they “poked” that person.

I liked that. I liked that a lot!

I stopped just returning pokes whenever they happened. I started praying for the person I sent a poke to. So if I get poked and don’t return it right away, it’s because I’m busy and want to wait until I have the time to truly THINK about that person and pray for them.

Sometimes it will be several days and I’ll have several pokes to answer. I will stop or finish whatever I’m doing on FB and sit there and really pray before returning the poke.

Another friend called me a good “poker pray-er”. I like that, too…



No comments:

Post a Comment