Friday, September 27, 2013

I Don't Care, I'm Old!



I think the biggest “plus” about getting to be a “woman of a certain age” is that I really don’t care much anymore what other people think of me. In fact, sometimes I go a bit out of my way to be seen as eccentric. It’s fun. Not for my kids when we’re out in public, but hey, I don’t care!

I can go to IHOP with a friend and after we’ve ordered our yummy meal WITH A SENIOR DISCOUNT, we can happily color our kid menus with the accompanying crayons that we snagged as we came in the door. Now, if there had only been a couple of these in the basket, we would have left them for REAL kids, but that basket was STUFFED. So there we were, coloring away…we didn’t care!

I have always enjoyed a fancy coffee from Starbucks. They’re pricey, yes, but oh, so good. Their food offerings are good, too, but way out of my budget. SO…my same friend from above and I like to pack a sack lunch and go to Barnes and Noble in Chico, which has a Starbucks. We order our fancy coffees and I get a discount for having a B&N membership and a small kickback when I use my B&N credit card. Awesome lunch. The last time we went, we stopped at S&S Produce for a can of olives (with a pop top) to enjoy with our sandwiches. (We drained the can before going inside the store.) So there we were, enjoying our bologna sandwiches and spearing olives from the can with a coffee stir stick. We didn’t care!

And whenever I’m in a store and the muzak is playing a song I know, I ALWAYS sing along. Out of consideration for the general public, I sing at less than full volume, but I DO sing! People might look at me funny, but ya know what??

I DON’T CARE!   :-)

…peace out, dude…


No comments:

Post a Comment